Monday, March 15, 2010

Some things never change...

Re-reading my old blog posts from xanga/myspace has revived my desire to flood the World Wide Web with my jabberings. Though I look back at those entries and think, "Wow! I was rediculously lame" and "I can't believe people actually read/commented on this rubbish," I highly doubt that these postings will be any less random. Sure, I'm a little older; a little wiser. But I think that my thoughts and words are almost always sporatic. I have a difficult time arranging information in a logical fashion at times, which usually ends up making me look like a fool and providing entertainment for those around me. This post is already not making sense....

So I'm sitting here a work, biding my time. I really enjoy this internship and the company is great, but there's been a lot of down-time lately. I can't really drag work out over the day because my mind just can not let a task go; I have to get it done NOW. I'll be excited when we start scoring next week. I hear there are many interesting people that will be working here so hopefully I'll get some good stories. But for now, I'll do homework, blog, check my e-mail every 2 seconds, and frequent GoFugYourself.com until 4pm. I'm basically up to my ears in business stuff this semester. My FINAL semester at Capital and I'm stuck pouring over FLSA guidelines, salary surveys, job descriptions/evaulations/analysis, and market trends. Granted I am an HR/Conflict Management Org. Comm. major, but this stuff is boring to read and study. It's much more interesting getting to apply it at my intership. I am taking a Shakespeare class, which mixes things up a bit. I've really been wondering who the real hero is in Othello. I really don't think it's Othello. I'm leaning more towards Desdemona. I'll probably write my term paper on this subject if the other plays don't offer up a more profound dilema.

Other events in the life of Rowe:

My marriage is amazing. I'm telling you, I'm fairly certain that Nick and I have got this matrimony thing down. I know, I know; every newly wed couple thinks this. But I know we're different. You can't really have two perfectly unconfrontational people and expect fights. Sure, there are times when we don't say what we feel right upfront, but it comes out eventually because we can't stand feeling angry at the other. We work it out, we move on. Grudges don't stand a chance with us. Also, I'm pretty sure our kids are gonna be awesome. I want kids so badly, but I want to have Gena/Nick time before we're wrapped up in child rearing for 18+ years. We're thinking 2012 might be a good time. Speaking of babies, Miah and Amanda are expecting thier first little one this June. I can't express enough how excited I am about this baby!!! It'll give me a good chance to brush up on my parenting skills and I'm just really looking forward to all the family fun times that the Rowe's and Wagner's are going to have together. It's going to be memorable. :)

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm graduating in May. I really pray that I can get a good job. The economy is making a come back (so I've heard) so I hope that the thousands upon thousands of dollars I'm shelling out for this education makes a difference. I think I have a pretty good shot seeing as how there are HR departments in just about every company out there, but Ohio is not a prime employment area. We'll just see where God leads me.

Alright well I better get some work done. Thanks for tuning in. I almost typed "Rowe out", but then thought better about it because I really don't like Ryan Seacrest and would not want to make an parallel between myself and said Idol host.

-G. Rowe

No comments:

Post a Comment