Saturday, March 20, 2010

Movies, Movies, Movies!

Recently, Nick and I decided to reactivate our Netflix account. After about 6 months of no movies or internet, you can imagine how ecstatic we are to finally have access to all the great releases that have come out this past year. We're still working on building up our queue, but this week we watched Away We Go and Up in the Air. I have to say, even though I've been wanting to see Up in the Air since I first saw the commercials for it, I liked Away We Go better. Both have fantastic male leads (I love me some John Krasinski and George Clooney), but I thought the story line for Away We Go was more...I dunno...magnetic? I drew me in. Maybe it's because I have a soft spot for anything that involves family matters and/or babies. I just loved the relationship between Verona and Burt. I thought that the characters in Up in the Air were fantastic. However, I was disappointed that Ryan and Alex didn't end up together. I mean you just DON'T do that to George Clooney! lol Another favorite part from Away We Go was Maggie Gyllenhaal's crazy ass character. I'm not usually a fan, but she was perfect in this role. Good times.

In other news, today is my great grandma's surprise party. She's ninety freakin' four years old! And still coherent and hilarious. Hijinx are guaranteed to be ensued. Generally, my granny's birthday parties consist of lots of food, presents, and inappropriate joking. Lots of granny fanny pinching as well (Seriously, my family is nuts). But all in good fun. As the matriarch of our clan, she always gets a good turn out for her b-day and we enjoy celebrating the many years that went into making our family. In short, we're awesome. Happy Birthday, Grandma Jo!

-G.Rowe

No comments:

Post a Comment